This easy Creamy Tuscan Salmon recipe is perfect for any night. It’s both delicious and nutritious-the perfect quick, healthy dinner. Bonus: It’s a one pot meal! Making clean up a breeze.
Tuscan Salmon Benefits
Salmon has countless benefits. I’d even go as far as considering salmon to be a “superfood.”
Salmon provides essential omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids which are essential in the body but our body does not make them. Therefore, it’s imperative we consume adequate amounts of omega-3s regularly.
Omega-3s have been shown to improve mental health. Interested to know more? Click here to learn about a few Good Mood Foods.
Additionally, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and onions are packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals.
Per the USDA, the goal is make half your plate fruits and vegetables. Sometimes that can seem challenging, but that’s possible with this meal!
Moreover, salmon, spinach, mushrooms, and milk are foods high in vitamin D. Adequate vitamin D can boost mood. Check out my article exploring vitamin D benefits here.
Salmon is one of my all time favorite foods and it’s even better in a garlic cream sauce. Creamy Tuscan Salmon is the perfect combination of yummy veggies and indulgence.
This one pot meal has endless benefits and is a great healthy dinner for you and your family. Let’s get cooking!
Any type of veggie can be added to this dish. Likewise, ingredients can be omitted based on preference and what’s on hand.
If you prefer to not use heavy cream, substitute with milk.
Extra chicken stock can be added to replace white wine. On top of that, a chicken stock substitution is chicken broth.
Additionally, if you don’t typically enjoy fish, this meal also works with chicken.
I enjoy this meal over pasta.
- 4 4oz wild caught salmon filets
- olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1 8oz bag spinach
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms sliced
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine
- garlic powder
- Season raw salmon with salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- Drizzle olive oil over a large skillet over low-medium heat.
- Cook salmon for about 4-6 minutes each side.
- Remove the salmon and place to the side.
- In the same pan, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Over low heat, add 2 tsbp minced garlic, shallots, and chopped onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until transparent.
- Slowly add spinach. Top with an additional tbsp of olive oil and tbsp of minced garlic. Cook until wilted.
- Add mushrooms. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Stir.
- Pour in chicken stock. Raise heat slightly. Allow to simmer.
- Add cherry tomatoes and mix together.
- Next, pour in heavy cream, milk, and white wine. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Re-add salmon. Cook additional 1-2 minutes
- Serve & Enjoy
Tried this creamy garlic Tuscan salmon recipe? Suggestions? Comments? Email me! Mindmemorynutrition@gmail.com